You are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the workshop.
Abstracts should be submitted online only using the electronic abstract form which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please read this information carefully before proceeding to the online submission form
1. IMPORTANT DATES
|Submissions accepted from: || 15 September 2017|
| Submission deadline: || 1 December 2017, 23h59 CET|
| Notifications to submitters: || by 22 December 2017
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
2. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Failure to observe these guidelines may result in disqualification. Please read all instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- Abstracts can be submitted in the following topics:
- Cell signaling
- Connective tissue remodeling & fibrosis
- Gene regulation
- Novel therapies
- Cytokines and inflammation
- Genes & environment
- Autoinflammatory diseases
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is not more than 3000 characters and 45 lines, authors’ details and headers included. This also includes non-visible characters such as spaces as well as punctuation.
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation
- No tables or images can be included
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (1 December 2017, 23:59 CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the workshop. Abstracts in “Final submission” status can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (1 December 2017, 23:59 CET).
- An abstract can only be submitted if the “Rules and Regulations on the online abstract form are read and accepted.
- Conflict of interest: it is the intent of EWRR to provide high quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstracts submission.
- Any abbreviations should be defined where first mentioned.
- The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract. The mentioning of agents/molecules must follow the scientific standard for publications.
- Only abstracts that contain original data and meet international ethical standards can be submitted.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in an online supplement to the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases. Information on accepted abstracts will also be available online on the EWRR Website about one month prior to the workshop.
- The corresponding author has the right to grant, and does grant, on behalf of all authors an exclusive licence on a worldwide basis to the BMJ and/or co-owners or contracting owning societies (where published by BMJ on their behalf) and EWRR to publish the abstract (if accepted) in any media and to exploit all subsidiary rights.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the International Abstract Selection Committee. If the abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author will be requested to present it during the assigned session.
- In addition, all accepted abstracts will be displayed during the workshop. The presenting author will be requested to be available during the poster presentations.
- In order to secure your place at the EWRR workshop and to benefit from the early bird registration fee, we recommend that presenting authors of abstracts register for the workshop simultaneously with the abstract submission.
- Each applicant who is accepted and did not yet register must complete his/her registration promptly so as not to penalize other scientists on a waiting list who would like to attend the workshop.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to MCI not later than 31 December 2017.
If you experience any kind of problem or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Phone: +41 22 33 99 629
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 1 December 2017
EULAR Course Bursaries
EULAR grants 22 bursaries of EUR 500 each to cover part of the registration costs.
The application process opens on 15 September 2017 and closes strictly on 1 December 2017.
Abstract submission and acceptance is required for the attribution of a bursary.
Please click here to apply
Online Abstract Submission
Please click here to submit your abstract
→ ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION