1. Abstract Submission
|Submissions accepted from: || 1 September 2018|
| Submission deadline: || 1 December 2018, 23h59 CET|
| Notifications to submitters: || by 21 December 2018
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
2. Technical Requirements
Failure to observe these guidelines may result in disqualification. Please read all instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
- Abstracts can be submitted in the following topics:
- Cytokines with focus on IL-17 and IL-17 producing cells
- Cell signaling and gene regulation
- Cell-cell interactions
- Mesenchymal cells
- Genes & environment
- Systemic effects of inflammation
- Novel therapies
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is not more than 3000 characters and 45 lines, authors’ details and headers included. This also includes non-visible characters such as spaces as well as punctuation.
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation
- No tables or images can be included
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (1 December 2018, 23:59 CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the workshop. Abstracts in “Final submission” status can be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (1 December 2018, 23:59 CET).
- An abstract can only be submitted if the “Rules and Regulations on the online abstract form are read and accepted.
- Conflict of interest: it is the intent of EWRR to provide high quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstracts submission.
- Any abbreviations should be defined where first mentioned.
- The inclusion of trade names/brand names is not allowed in the abstract. The mentioning of agents/molecules must follow the scientific standard for publications.
- Only abstracts that contain original data and meet international ethical standards can be submitted.
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in an online supplement to the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases. Information on accepted abstracts will also be available online on the EWRR Website about one month prior to the workshop.
- The corresponding author has the right to grant, and does grant, on behalf of all authors an exclusive license on a worldwide basis to the BMJ and/or co-owners or contracting owning societies (where published by BMJ on their behalf) and EWRR to publish the abstract (if accepted) in any media and to exploit all subsidiary rights.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the International Abstract Selection Committee. If the abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author will be requested to present it during the assigned session.
- In addition, all accepted abstracts will be displayed during the workshop. The presenting author will be requested to be available during the poster presentations.
- The first author of an abstract should be a young investigator, student for a master or a PhD, post-doctoral fellow, or for the clinicians, resident, intern, instructor, assistant.
- It is understood that each first author will present his/her work during the poster tour, as an oral presentation if selected, and may receive a prize for this work, again if selected. Prize winners are expected to be present at the award ceremony.
- Each presenter who is accepted and did not yet register must complete his/her registration promptly so as not to penalize other scientists on a waiting list who would like to attend the workshop.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to MCI not later than 31 December 2018.
If you experience any kind of problem or if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Phone: +41 22 33 99 667